Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I'm a FI-AN-CEE!

{frolic!}

A couple weeks ago, I wrote a post about the unexpecteds of engagement. Yes, being engaged is hard. It's almost as if I've been stuck in a waiting room that's filled with only bridal magazines for the past few months. I am no longer a single woman, but, at the same time, I am not yet one with my husband-to-be. It's a tricky place to be. However, being engaged is clearly not all bad!

There are the obvious big picture things that are amazingly wonderful about being engaged. Mainly that an engagement ends in marriage and the two people who love one another more than anyone else start their new lives together as man and wife. Believe me, I cannot wait for this to come. 74 days from now I will be in my white dress, making the men in my life cry.

There are, also, many small things that I have enjoyed while being engaged. Though what I look forward to most is being married to Cameron, these details have also made engagement a time I will always treasure.

Though women oogling over my ring, and attending wedding showers are fun, I'd say my favorite memory, so far, is when my mom, dad, Cameron and I went to the reception site to taste the food that will be served on the big day. Aside from us, the restaurant was empty. We sat in front of the roaring fire, and started off the night with a wine tasting. Following this, the chef brought out more food than I could have dreamed of. Melon wrapped prosciutto balls, salmon bruschetta,  and soft shell crab was just the beginning of the delicacies he had prepared for us.

Though I enjoyed devouring this delicious food, it wasn't really what made the night special. Spending time with my parents and fiance and talking about what the months to come would bring, sharing our excitement with one another, and swapping stories about the past and the things that got us to where we are - that's what made the night unforgettable.

What are some of your favorite small memories of being engaged?

Love, Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment