Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Irrational Fear

Magic Island

The other night the boyfriend had a long day at work and I thought it'd be nice to try to cook for him.  As I had been putting off going to the grocery store for a couple of days, my cupboards didn't have much more food than a box of cereal and a couple of Oreos.  There was, however a package of frozen chicken in the freezer just waiting to be eaten.

Now, I don't know if you know this about me, but I have an irrational fear of raw chicken.  I'm scared to touch it; I just know that if I try to do anything with it I'll end up spreading salmonella all over the house and kill everyone I come into contact with!

Ridiculous, right?

So, I gingerly grabbed the frozen packet from the freezer with my thumb and index finger, held it at arms length, and dropped it in the sink.  I stared at it for about five minutes and ended up quickly throwing it back in the freezer.

I bought the boyfriend a takeout instead.

This outrageous fear is a shame as I LOVE chicken.  Not only is it delicious and nutritious, but there are so many things that can be done with it!  I really want to begin to cook more and explore different recipes, but I feel that my fear of chicken is holding me back.

Do you, friends, have any suggestions?  Do you have any irrational fears of your own?

Love, Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment