Friday, May 6, 2011

The Work Week: To Make Mon-ay

Classes are over and I was lucky enough to have no exams.  So I'm donezo. Finished.  The fat lady has sung.  Now I just sit and wait for a week until I wear my red cap and gown and can officially call myself a prestigious alumni.

Unfortunately for Mollie, this is not the case.  She, in fact, has a super rough exam schedule.  But, even though Molls has a billion papers to write and tests to study for, we were still able to work on the business plan for Alinea Freelance!  We're so excited about our plans that there was no way we could wait until Mollie was done with school to discuss them.

For the most part, things are going well! We are, however, having trouble deciding how we should charge our customers.  We've weighed the pros and cons of it all: per word, per page, per hour, and per project.  As of now we're still clueless but working our way through it.  Never fear, beloved supporters, we'll figure it out soon and have our business up and running!

As Mollie and I were talking through our plans, I came to the realization that this is for real.  You can laugh at my simple epiphany, but it changed everything!  I looked at Mollie and said, "We're not doing this for some school project.  This is real life.  We're actually doing this in order to make money and support ourselves. Crazy!!"  Mollie looked at me and said matter-of-factly, "Yeah."

Anyways, we both hope you have a lovely, restful weekend.  Remember to give your mummys a big hug on Sunday and to tell her how thankful you are for the all the sacrifices she made and the love that she shared.  Cheers!

Love, Alli






No comments:

Post a Comment