Thursday, March 15, 2012

On Having Nothing to Say

Alicia Bock Photography

Do you ever feel like you don't have anything important to say? Do you ever feel like every word that falls out of your mouth or scribbled across a page is just noise? I've felt that. I'm currently feeling it, a little bit.

I just feel like we're surrounded by meaningless chatter and hurtful prose. I don't want to be a part of that. I want to lift others up with my words. Not only do I wish to entertain people and make them smile a bit, I also want to encourage and strengthen and love with my vocabulary. I want to inform people of injustices being performed and promote causes that I love. Is that too much to ask of myself?

Sometimes it feels that way.

What are your thoughts? What do you think the role of the modern writer, blogger, journalist, newscaster should play? I am so interested to know your opinion!

No comments:

Post a Comment