Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolutions

wants & wishes

I used to be one of those people that didn't believe in new year's resolutions. What was the point? Nobody ever really stuck to them. In the end I'd just stop going to the gym, feel guilty about it, and sit on my couch for the next hour and a half eating ice cream. Totally counter-productive, if you ask me.

I thought new year's resolutions were stupid. Why did a person need to set goals for themselves? Why can't a person just take a day at a time and see what was thrown at them? What's wrong with spontaneity? Goals aren't very spontaneous. (This was during a time in my life when I tried to be a "free spirit." It didn't work out as I'm afraid of spontaneity.)

Now, I'm starting to rethink this whole clean slate thing. A new year means new beginnings. Why not try something different? So, this year, for my first different item on the agenda, I'm going to actually make myself a couple of resolutions.

1. Read, at the very least, two books per month
2. Start exercising. No, but really, start exercising!
3. Cook for myself more. Eat more fruits and veggies
4. Write everyday, no matter how I feel about it
5. Make new year's resolutions (check)


Will I actually complete these tasks? Who knows; who cares? It's time for me to start working towards something. Yes, that something may be eating one less donut and one more apple, but it's a start. And look, I've already accomplished one of them.

What are some of your resolutions? Do you have any tricks to stick with them?

Happy New Year

Love, Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment