Friday, December 23, 2011

More New Family

Vintage Photo Gallery

This past Wednesday I acquired even more new family!

My big brother, who just happens to be the best big brother in the world, proposed to his sweetheart and she said yes. He set out candles around 6:00 in the morning, they're both early risers, and asked for her hand in downtown Manteo next to the lighthouse. Afterwards, his family and her family came together to celebrate.

It was the first time we were all meeting one another and I was a little nervous. However, from the moment we arrived, my soon to be sister-in-law's family was just as welcoming and cheerful as they could be. We had fun eating some of our favorite foods and sharing photo albums of my big bro when he was young and even walked through downtown Manteo to see where it all happened.

Today is my parents thirty-fourth wedding anniversary. I'm sure when they were first engaged they had no idea where life would take them. I'm sure they never would have guessed they'd end up with a little boy and a little girl who would get married a month a part from one another. I know that they are beyond excited for the two of us, and I can't help but wonder what lies ahead for my brother, his fiancee, Cameron and I. I'm sure we'd never be able to guess in a million years.

My big brother and I had broken arms the same month, we had chicken pox together, we graduated on the same day, and now we're engaged at the same time. I can't believe that I get to share such a special time with my brother and I cannot wait for his wedding day.

Best wishes, big brother!

Love, Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment