Monday, October 10, 2011

Raleigh is No. 1!

eHow

Have you heard the exciting news?  Raleigh was rated America's Number One City by Businessweek.com!  I knew I lived in a wonderful, booming city, but I had no idea it would win the top spot over some of our nations hot spots.  

Though New York City is busting at the seams with arts and cultural events, and Boston is top dog when it comes to academics, according to the article, these cities lost to the City of Oaks because their unemployment rates, crime rates, and the like, were higher than Raleigh's.  

I've lived in North Carolina's capital city for about four and a half years now, and it's hard for me to imagine myself anywhere else.  My freshman year of college I couldn't envision myself staying in Raleigh once my years at NC State were over, but when I graduated I had no thoughts of wanting to leave this growing city.  It had captured my heart.

Not only have I found a wonderful community of friends and a loving church, but there is something exciting happening in Raleigh just about every day.  We have fascinating museums, delicious restaurants, and enough arts programs to entertain even the biggest art enthusiasts.  The music scene is very prevalent here, and with NC State's award winning college radio station, 88.1 WKNC, it's easy to learn about local bands and the venues that support them.

I have truly fallen in love with this city and I cannot wait to see what adventures it will bring my way in the coming years.  Maybe I'll share some of my favorite spots in this beloved city soon!

Love, Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment