Tuesday, July 5, 2011

10 Cakes and a Wedding

image by: 41starsstudio

Happy Tuesday, friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful and relaxing long weekend.  How did you celebrate the 4th?  Mollie and some of our friends and I got together and had a cookout filled with a rousing game of Signs, sparklers, and delicious food.  There is nothing I love more than eating hotdogs with loved ones, but my thoughts kept returning to the previous weekend.

Why, do you ask?  What could be better than stuffing your face with delicacies from the grill and watching red, white, and blue fireworks explode in the sky? I'd say witnessing two people make a life changing covenant before your very eyes wins by a long shot.

The two lovebirds making their getaway.

Last weekend my friends Candace and Kyle tied the knot in a quaint, white chapel accented with yellow daisies.  I never thought I'd be one of those people that cried during a wedding ceremony, but I was very wrong.  The moment Candace emerged from the aged wooden doors in her lace gown the tears started flowing and didn't stop until long after their first dance.

I was honored to play a part in their day by baking the wedding cakes!  Candace and I got together and decided to display a variety of ten different cakes the guests could then choose from for their dessert.  Though the night before the reception was very long and I thought I'd never want to look at another cake again (coming in a later post), I was able to give Candace and Kyle a heartfelt wedding gift.  Because wedding cakes can be a little pricy, I was not only able to give them something that meant a lot to me, but was able to save them a pretty penny!

If some of your friends are getting hitched and you're not entirely sure what to get them, you should consider offering your DIY services for the ceremony or reception!  Creating centerpieces, being the charismatic DJ for the night, or playing the guitar as the beautiful bride walks down the aisle is a perfect way to showcase your feelings for the couple.  Gifts such as these create a more intimate, memorable and personal ceremony.

A gluten-free vanilla cake for the happy couple.

Mollie's wedding is quickly approaching in a little more than a month, and I can't believe it!  I've already bought water-proof mascara and started to think about the toast I'm going to give at the rehearsal dinner.  Do you have any toast do's and don'ts? Do any of you recent brides have advice for Mollie as the date draws near?

Love, Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment