Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My Brother's Wedding

maddenphotography

Though the weather in Manteo was cold and rainy, I couldn't have asked for a more wonderful weekend to share in the wedding of my dear, older brother!

Only family and a handful of close friends attended, and the sweet simplicity made for a beautiful ceremony. Candles lit the aisles and their warm glow bounced off the dark pews. My brother and his new wife wore matching blue Vans, and their smiles did not leave their faces for a moment.

Before the exchanging of the vows, Cameron and I were asked to read Ruth 1: 16-17:
But Ruth said, "Do not urge me to leave you or to return from following you. For where you go I will go, and where you lodge I will lodge. Your people shall be my people, and your God my God. Where you die, I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord do so to me and more also if anything but death parts me from you.
 I was calm as I walked to the front of the church to read the passage, but as soon as I opened my mouth, the tears began to flow. My voice quivered as I read these remarkable verses. I couldn't believe that this was it; my brother was getting married!

The reception was held at a woman's house who attends my brother's church. It was a sweet time and I enjoyed hearing the stories of what was going through everyone's minds during particular points in the ceremony. I especially loved hearing my brother's description of his beautiful bride and how he surprised himself with how much he cried.

I am so thankful for this past weekend. I was honored to play a part in the ceremony and I will treasure that memory forever.

Love, Alli

No comments:

Post a Comment