Monday, September 5, 2011

Busy Bee

It's been a relationship week.


I didn't work a lot at the Animal Hospital this week, so I tried to encourage mental health moments, reading time, and rekindle friendships. I've been faced with the beautiful and daunting realization that my schedule will NOT I repeat will NOT resemble anything close to a routine. Even though I've desperately tried to mash my life into a 9-5, every-day-has-a-set-order lifestyle, it's quite evident that I'm not meant to be a routine kind of gal. It's funny that this has flustered me recently, because most people would agree that I'm not one to complain about the whole "no organization" thing. But, on the contrary - I think I had a misconception that married life & life outside of college is supposed to be organized in every way, when really, it all depends on what your pour your time into.


I'm pumped about Alinea. It's been a hard month of feeling a little bit stuck and discouraged, but when Allison and I are together, we try and build each other up as best we can. I know with this one by my side, we can work hard and see some sunshine. However, it is a struggle for me to be consistent in a freelance job. Any suggestions, blogging world?


I'm also really excited about The Raleigh Review. I don't know what altering of the universe or incredible twist of fate happened to make them want to have me on board as a publishing intern, but I am extremely grateful. The Editorial staff and Board of Directors are some of the finest poets, writers, and creative writing loving people I've ever been fortunate enough to meet. It's pretty intimidating and I feel a bit inadequate reading poetry submissions, but I know being a part of this team will be inspiring in more ways then one.


As of right now, I'm relaxing at Oak Island with my parents and my husband. The one place where you really don't feel any pressure to have a schedule -  and I am loving it. 


Enjoy this Labor Day, friends!







on organization...I'm loving this work space from a home in Syndey!



and on relaxation... I'm really wishing I had one of these right about now...




Love, Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment